Getting a residence permit in Northern Cyprus is easy enough. For the local state, foreign capital is of considerable value, so the attitude towards foreign citizens who buy property in Northern Cyprus is quite loyal. It can also be noted that all family members have the right to obtain a residence permit.
So, to get a residence permit in Northern Cyprus, you need a number of certain documents that are provided to the immigration Department at the police station. The document processing process takes about four weeks, after which you will receive the finished documents.
Usually, the first time a residence permit is issued for a period of six months, the subsequent one depends on the amount that You show on your account. If you extend your residence permit for 5 times, you have a chance to get permanent residence.
Due to the pandemic, the process of obtaining a residence permit has become very simple. Now it can be issued directly from home, through the state website. The site has a procedure for what documents need to be prepared.
Documents confirming ownership of the property;
- availability of housing suitable for living and used for its intended purpose;
— in the case of ownership of a share of real estate, a short-term residence permit for one residential object can be issued only to one shareholder;
- make a payment in the amount of at least one-third for housing purchased under the contract;
- have money in the account in the local tank. $10,000 is enough for one year.
To obtain a residence permit, you need the following documents:
- a copy of your passport
- a copy of the tourist visa that is issued upon arrival in the TRNC
- a copy of the purchase and sale agreement certified by the local registration chamber
— if you have purchased a ready-made apartment, you need to apply for a permit to purchase real estate. When you submit, you will be assigned a file number. So far, this is enough for a residence permit.
- color photo for documents
- certificate of residence in the TRNC – a kind of analogue of our registration. Issued by the local Mukhtar-headman
- results of a blood test made in a state or accredited private clinic (the referral is issued to the police when applying for a residence permit)
- a certificate from any local Bank about the availability of funds in Your account (proof of solvency)
- receipt of payment of state duty
- for spouses, you will also need a marriage certificate, for pensioners-a pension certificate (both translated into Turkish)
Ask an additional question >>